Students will learn advanced diagnostic procedures concerning engine performance problems. Lab work consists of using oscilloscopes, lab scopes, Digital Volt-Ohm Meter (DVOM) meters and scan tool usage when repairing engine performance problems on today¿s vehicles. Students will learn to perform engine performance service in accordance with manufacturer¿s procedures.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate job entry skill development when performing basic vehicle diagnosis.
- Assess driveability symptoms using a developed system approach.
- Demonstrate ethical practices as it relates to engine performance service procedures.
- Perform service module reflashing procedures in accordance with manufacturer¿s specifications.
- Assess cam phasing and how it affects air flow through an internal combustion engine.
- Demonstrate use of diagnostic procedures using a lab scope.
- Demonstrate automotive technician professionalism.
- Document vehicle data and work performed on repair orders.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.