Students will develop skills in basic engine performance on gasoline four stroke engines. Lab work consists of typical service, repair and diagnosis procedures on ignition, fuel, emissions and related electrical systems on late model vehicles. Students should be able to describe system operation and perform engine performance service in accordance with manufacturer's procedures.
Student Learning Outcomes
- identify maintenance requirements and various inspection procedures on late model vehicles
- demonstrate job entry skills development when performing basic diagnosis of engine systems
- use 4/5 exhaust gas analyzer
- perform a computerized engine test analysis
- conform to federal OSHA and state MPCA rules as it relates to vehicle service procedures
- be aware of ethical practices as it relates to engine performance service procedures
- exhibit technician/mechanic professionalism
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.