Students in this course will generate and evaluate small business opportunities. They will then research and create a business plan taking it from conception through development. Students will utilize technology and key industry factors to determine business venture viability. Managerial concepts are applied in this course as it relates to owning or operating a small business. Students will research an industry and a target market, plan promotions, determine operations, and calculate financial statements to produce a complete business plan.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Generate and evaluate ideas for small business opportunities.
- Research and complete feasibility analysis for business plan application.
- Identify and apply research methods to a business plan.
- Research and conduct target market analysis.
- Examine and calculate investment required for business start-up.
- Create, interpret and analyze an income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement for inclusion in the business plan.
- Identify and evaluate financing options for business start up or expansion.
- Learn, analyze, and select appropriate business legal structures for business plan development.
- Determine managerial operations of a business for inclusion in business plan.
- Develop, present, and evaluate a business plan.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.