Information technology, the use of and creation of information spans almost every aspect of our lives. This course is designed to provide an understanding of the ethical responsibilities as end users, creators, and information technology specialists. The goal is to expand our understanding of how access to information and systems can have an impact on industry, society and the world. Through topical exploration this course will equip students with skills necessary to make ethical decisions when presented with personal and professional information especially in the field of cyber security. Student Learning Outcomes:
- Explain why ethics is important.
- Describe what corporate social responsibility is.
- Analyze trends in unethical use of data.
- Summarize the value of compliance in industry
- Understand laws for data privacy.
- Evaluate the impact of IT on the standard of living and worker productivity.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.