This course is a continuation and reinforcement of the fundamental component of welding prints together that make up structures in industry. The student will break down welding prints to develop the skill needed to fabricate individual component parts that will makeup welded structures. There will be discussions on the different welding prints and symbols in the various organizations in the welding field and how the Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) and non-destructive examination symbols correlate with the prints for welding. Written and Fundamental tests will be done in accordance with the American Welding Society (AWS) SENSE curriculum and code books.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Interprets welding symbol information.
- Prepares an applicable bill of materials.
- Performs conversions of standard inch and metric measurements.
- Develop an understanding of the components of a Welding Procedure Specification (WPS).
- Interpret non-destructive examination symbols.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.