This course involves a three-week (96 hour) internship at a food service operation. This course will provide the student an opportunity to sharpen their culinary skills in a fast-paced, real-world environment. The student will, under the direction of experienced chefs/cooks, experience teamwork, problem solving, and a feel for the Food Service industry.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Set up and assist with the coordination of internship expectations, hours/scheduling, goals, paperwork, and duties to be assigned.
- Develop teamwork skills through communication and daily work with food service staff.
- Demonstrate problem solving abilities by applying in-class experiences and knowledge to the real-world environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different menu items and cooking procedures while balancing classroom knowledge with processes/procedures expected at the internship location.
- Experience a food service establishment in full operation.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors and standards.
- Maintain communication with internship coordinator(s) and instructors.
- Serve as a positive reflection of both St. Cloud Technical and Community College and the Culinary Arts program through their work with internship contact.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.