This course covers the principles of automotive heating and air conditioning systems. Students will learn about the various types of systems used, how too diagnosis malfunctions, and use the proper legal procedures for handling refrigerants. Students will learn to test and repair heating and air conditioning systems. The lab portion gives hands on experience, diagnosing, evacuating, replacing of defective components, charging, and performance testing of heating and air conditioning systems.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Examine Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and perform
AC service in compliance to these regulations.
- Perform partial recharge or complete recharge and performance tests.
- Demonstrate refrigerant reclaiming and recycling procedures.
- Perform refrigerant leak detection using electronic or dye methods.
- Disassemble and reassemble heating and air conditioning components
using correct tools and procedures.
- Identify heating and cooling system components and operation.
- Perform heating and cooling system repairs.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.