Meets MN Transfer Goal Area 6 - Humanities. This course will introduce students to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum and give them an opportunity to tour the museum. The tour will give the students a chance to view primary documentation and actual Holocaust artifacts. Students will also have the privilege to meet and interact with a Holocaust survivor and hear his/her experience firsthand.
Student Learning Outcomes
- acquire information on Judaism by visiting a Synagogue and speaking with a Rabbi
- attend and tour a traveling Holocaust exhibit in the Twin Cities
- read a Holocaust survivor's memoir and then discuss with the survivor his/her experience
- discover the mindset and main events surrounding and including the Holocaust and its aftermath by touring the National Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington DC
- discuss the permanent exhibit in the National Holocaust Memorial Museum
- research and then prepare a formal presentation of the information learned from the permanent exhibit tour. The presentation will be given to members of the college community
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.