This course provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to install, and maintain a variety of motor controllers, relays and other relay logic, continuing into AC & DC motors and motor controllers used in industry. This course emphasizes incorporating Programmable Logic Controllers communicating to Variable Frequency Drive controlled AC motors.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Maintain industry-wiring standards.
- Interpret AC & DC motor specifications.
- Connect Variable Frequency AC drives to AC motors.
- Draw electrical motor control diagrams based off an existing motor circuit.
- Connect reversing AC motor starters.
- Connect and test overload protection and monitoring devices.
- Perform routine maintenance of AC motors.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.