This course emphasizes the application of classroom skills and concepts to the work place in the areas of finance and/or credit. The purpose of the course is to provide the student with a practical and relevant business world experience in which they will gain a clearer sense of how to apply what they have learned in the classroom to their internship position. It also will provide students an opportunity to build professional networks. This course is available only to students who have completed the majority of the program requirements.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Perform duties in the areas of finance, credit and related tasks, within a real-world business environment.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the internship site.
- Practice professional business behavior, displaying satisfactory attendance, honesty and courtesy on the job.
- Apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom in a real-world business work environment.
- Identify personal and profession career goals, knowledge and skills that will lead to future career success.
- Increase industry knowledge associated with the student¿s major and student¿s intended profession.
- Experience the activities and functions of business professionals.
- Build a professional network.
- Develop and refine oral and written communication and interview skills with associates, work supervisor and internship advisor.
- Complete and submit required internship packet to internship advisor.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.