In today's competitive environment employers anticipate employees will have skills to contribute to the successful growth of the business. This course emphasizes the application of classroom skills and concepts to the work place in the areas of customer service, sales, marketing, promotion, or management. The purpose of this course is to provide the student with a relevant work experience. The students will set goals, determine their strengths, and apply them to their internship position. This is course should be completed during the student¿s first year.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Perform duties in the areas of customer service, sales, marketing, promotion, and/or management.
- Complete personal strengths assessment and report to internship advisor.
- Apply personal strengths to the workplace environment.
- Coordinate personal and professional goals with internship supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures of the internship site.
- Practice professional business behavior while in the workplace.
- Demonstrate time management skills.
- Communicate with internship supervisor and advisor regularly to update progress.
- Complete and submit required internship packet to internship advisor.
- Prepare self-evaluation at mid-term and end of semester for submission to internship advisor.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.