Employers today are demanding technically skilled employees in the areas of customer service, sales, marketing, promotion, and management. To remain competitive in these areas students will complete a work-related experience in a relevant position. This course emphasizes interaction between the student and supervisor with emphasis on the progression to an advanced role in the organization. The students will set advanced goals and complete a learning project for their internship position. This course should be completed during the student's final year.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate work-related competency of advanced marketing, management, customer service, or sales skills in the workplace.
- Research and complete an applied internship project, in cooperation with internship employer and advisor, while meeting deadlines.
- Consistently apply internship site policies and procedures to daily tasks.
- Coordinate personal and professional goals with internship supervisor.
- Practice professional business behavior according to internship site standards.
- Demonstrate personal accountability and time management skills.
- Communicate with internship supervisor and advisor regularly to update progress.
- Complete and submit required internship packet and learning project to internship advisor.
- Prepare self-evaluation at mid-term and end of semester for submission to internship advisor.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.