This course meets MnTC goal area 1 - Oral Communication. This course covers the theory and practice of interpersonal communication. Core concepts are verbal and nonverbal communication, communication styles, perception, self-identity, active listening, and conflict resolution skills.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify basic theories and concepts in the processes of Interpersonal Communication.
- Analyze the effects of culture, gender, self, and perception when sending and receiving verbal and nonverbal interpersonal communication messages across varying channels.
- Evaluate the implications of various communication behaviors and influence of those behaviors on self and others.
- Demonstrate active listening.
- Demonstrate effective communication with positive outcomes for human relationships.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.