Meets MN Transfer Goal 1 - Oral Communication. This course introduces students to a variety of communication areas, including listening, interpersonal communication, small group communication and public speaking. Students will apply concepts from these areas through writing, discussion and speaking. This course emphasizes the importance of effective communication in everyday life.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of the process of communication.
- Analyze how perception and identity affect how we send and receive messages.
- Examine one's listening skills.
- Analyze how language and nonverbal communication affect how we communicate.
- Demonstrate basic skills in interpersonal communication, group communication and presentation, and in the preparation and delivery of public speeches.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.