This course covers proper techniques, procedures and responsibilities in the preparation of various pantry foods/dishes including salads, salad dressings and sandwiches. An emphasis on the proper storage and handling of various ingredients is addressed. Hands-on work will be an integral part of this course as students apply knowledge of various aspects of pantry foods.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a knowledge pantry food preparation including the safety
and storage of various ingredients and sanitization methods for various pantry food items.
- Identify by sight and flavor profile various salad ingredients and types.
- Identify and evaluate various types of oils and vinegars and apply
knowledge to the creation of various salad dressings.
- Identify and prepare various types of breads, spreads, and fillings for
- Demonstrate the proper production of both hot and cold sandwiches.
- Evaluate and critique various pantry items for quality and usage.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.