Meets MN Transfer Goal Area 5 - History, Social and Behavioral Sciences. This course provides students an overview of the core concepts and methods of the social sciences. Students examine their world and current national and international issues from the perspectives of anthropology, sociology, political science, history, psychology and economics.
Student Learning Outcomes
- understand and be able to explain the basic concepts and methods of the social sciences
- identify and describe unique contributions made by each of the social sciences
- apply social science concepts and methods to better understand current national and international issues
- understand and be able to give examples of the interconnectedness of the social sciences
- use social science concepts to identify and describe the role power plays in issues such as poverty, homelessness, crime, racism
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.