Meets MN Transfer Curriculum Goal Area 6 Humanities and Fine Arts. This course introduces students to techniques, materials and concepts used in the visual arts. Students will explore and produce works in various traditional and contemporary media. Course activities will promote an understanding of the nature of art, the elements and principles of a visual language, and different perspectives on are. This course is intended for students with little or not experience in studio art, as well as students interested in trying a variety of media. Drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, and/or photography may be explored.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Recognize a variety of visual art forms and artworks.
- Respond to works of art utilizing the vocabulary of the visual arts.
- Demonstrate skills in using a variety of materials and techniques.
- Create original works of art that use unique solutions to formal and conceptual problems.
- Identify and apply elements of art and principles of design as a means to communicate visual ideas.
- Explain and evaluate personal artwork and the work of others through the process of critique.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.