This course provides an introduction to Inventor parametric modeling software. A guided lab approach is used to construct basic models, basic mechanical designs, and create multi-view drawings that conform to industry standards. A hands-on, exercise intense approach to the parametric modeling techniques and concepts will be taken. Students explore the parametric modeling process and learn about the growing field of Mechanical Design.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the setup/startup for a new model/drawing to be created.
- Utilize the 2D sketching functions of the software.
- Construct solid model geometry/features from 2D sketches.
- Create placed features on a model.
- Demonstrate the ability to modify features and 2D sketches.
- Produce 2D multi-view drawings from a models.
- Apply Dimensions, notes and text to drawings.
- Use printer/plotter to create drawing hardcopies.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.