This course teaches essential operating procedures that students will need to know in all areas of the Food Service Industry. This course will cover service line operations, kitchen mathematics, dish and ware-washing procedures, and equipment identification, usage, and proper cleaning procedures.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply kitchen terminology to all equipment, techniques, and protocols.
- Efficiently perform proper dish washing/dish room procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of kitchen mathematics in daily operations.
- Calculate food expenses including profit and loss statements.
- Utilize recipes in the composition of various dishes and demonstrate recipe conversion, replication, and usage.
- Demonstrate the process of designing, planning, and sequencing menus.
- Demonstrate preparation procedures (Mise en Place) in the production of various dishes
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.