This course is designed to align with the National Skills Standard assessment and certification system for Maintenance Awareness. The course curriculum is based upon federally-endorsed national standards for production workers. The Maintenance Awareness course introduces the concepts of Total Productive Maintenance and preventative maintenance. Students will be introduced to lubrication, electricity, hydraulics, pneumatics, and power transmission systems.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Define and explain the concepts of preventative maintenance and routine repair
- Describe the importance of monitoring indicators to ensure correct operations
- Perform all housekeeping to maintain production schedule
- Recognize potential maintenance issues with basic production systems
- Recognize the importance of documentation within a maintenance system
- Understand the system components of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.