This course is designed to align with the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council's (MSSC) assessment and certification system for Manufacturing Processes. The course curriculum is based upon federally-endorsed national standards for production workers. This course emphasized, Just-In-Time (JIT) manufacturing principles, basic supply chain management, communication skills, and customer service.
Student Learning Outcomes
- identify customer needs
- determine resources available for the production process
- set up equipment for the production process
- set team production goals
- make job assignments
- coordinate work flow with team members and other work groups
- communicate production and material requirement and product specifications
- perform and monitor the process to make the product
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.