This course focuses on Human Resource Management Issues. The course covers the techniques and legal aspects of recruiting, hiring, firing, promotion, documentation, evaluation, and other areas essential to the personnel function. The course also provides training in job seeking.
Student Learning Outcomes
- understand principle functions of a Human Resource Department
- demonstrate understanding of, and laws related to, job analysis, recruitment, interviewing, selection, training, and performance appraisal functions
- use Internet as a tool for locating/researching information
- learn the importance of employee rights and the proper use of disciplinary actions
- understand importance of Equal Employment Opportunity and government regulation of Human Resource functions
- learn job seeking skills
- understand options of employee benefit programs
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.