Today strategic marketing managers must address multiple challenges as they try to deliver something of value to their customers. Students in this course will study marketing from the marketing managers perspective. Marketing managers are involved in the design and selection of products, establishing competitive pricing, while distributing products through appropriate channels. This course provides the student practical application of marketing concepts while managing the company's marketing resources. The objective for sales, marketing, and management professionals is to understand their businesses and the markets in which they operate. Students will create of a Marketing Plan using strategic planning methods as a capstone project of this course.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Examine marketing management as it relates to the operation of an organization and the development of its marketing strategy.
- Identify and analyze optimal, serviceable market segmentation schemes used by businesses when developing its marketing plan.
- Evaluate target markets for profitability and service by the marketers firm.
- Communicate succinctly the parameters of that position to a number of different audiences.
- Distinguish and assess the qualities of goods and services as they relate to brands and new products.
- Predict and illustrate how demand and elasticity enter pricing decisions made by marketers.
- Analyze and compare distribution channels of goods and services for efficiency and profitability.
- Develop and evaluate marketing goals for an advertising campaign of a company's products, brands, and position in the marketplace.
- Evaluate and select media options for an effective integrated marketing communications strategy.
- Categorize and compare social media variations as they relate to effective pre and post-purchase information and promotion.
- Analyze and interpret customer evaluation process as it translates to customer relationship management (CRM) and customer lifetime value (CLV).
- Compare and evaluate market research tools used to gather data used for making marketing decisions.
- Develop, present, and evaluate a strategic marketing plan using professional presentation format.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.