This course covers nursing concepts for the obstetric and pediatric patients. This course provides an opportunity to explore the physiological and psychological responses to illness while considering diversity. Nursing care concepts and the application of the nursing process are considered with the focus on health promotion and disease prevention.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply health promotion and disease prevention principles.
- Integrate evidence based practice to provide safe patient-centered care.
- Describe the definition, diagnostics, pathophysiology/etiology, signs and symptoms, medical/surgical treatments, and nursing interventions for obstetric and pediatric conditions.
- Prioritize nursing interventions based on professional knowledge and scope of practice to minimize risk of harm and enhance the likelihood of desired health outcomes.
- Evaluate how diversity impacts wellness and health care practices.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.