This course provides students with the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary to install, and maintain mechanical systems. Course study includes, maintenance scheduling, hand and power tools. Precision measurement tools, power transmission systems, bearings, lubrications, couplings, pumps, alignment, and vibration analyzers. Course is also an introduction to refrigeration systems, boiler systems, and HVAC systems.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify basic mechanical drive components.
- Assemble, align, and disassemble mechanical mechanisms.
- Perform coupling and shaft alignment.
- Install, adjust, and maintain belt and chain drive tensions.
- Correctly identify and maintain bearings.
- Understand and demonstrate basic vibration analysis.
- Troubleshoot and maintain centrifugal pumps.
- Demonstrate mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Identify and apply appropriate safety procedures.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.