This course will cover conditions and diagnostics related to body systems, medical terminology, pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, medical/surgical treatment and nursing interventions of acute and chronic disorders. The course includes components of disease prevention and health promotion for diverse populations and emphasis on the effects of aging. Care based on evidence based practice and established institutional and safety guidelines will be introduced throughout the content.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Summarize patterns of health promotion and disease prevention for acute and chronic conditions incorporating transcultural approaches to health.
- Relate science and evidenced based practice to safe patient care.
- Identify nursing interventions based on professional knowledge and scope of practice to minimize risk of harm and enhance the likelihood of desired health outcomes.
- Summarize individual patient responses to health and illness emphasizing humility, trust, empathy, and support.
- Determine the definition, diagnostics, pathophysiology/etiology, signs and symptoms, medical/surgical treatments, and nursing interventions of acute and chronic disorders.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.