In addition to power steering, the application of hydraulics on trucks in wide spread, such as on sanitation, snowplow, agriculture, and construction trucks. In this course students study the design and operation of pumps, valves, cylinders, motors, and other hydraulic components of these trucks. The student will service, test, and repair hydraulic systems used on trucks.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Explain the basic principles of a hydraulic system
- Identify various hydraulic components and their parts
- Describe the operation of various hydraulic components in a system
- Disassemble and inspect hydraulic components
- Perform maintenance on a hydraulic system
- Diagnose and test a hydraulic system
- Identify the various fittings and hoses used with hydraulics
- List and identify common uses for hydraulics in the MHTT industry
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.