This course covers the foundation of electronic communication networks and the associated wiring and equipment. Networks included are, Field Bus, Profibus, Ethernet, and Devicenet.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify types of networks.
- Differentiate between different networks.
- Test network cables and wiring.
- Assemble network cables.
- Identify components of a given network.
- Utilize different measures of network security.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.