This course is designed to challenge the serious marketing and design student with a purposeful, specialized occupational experience in the advertising field through participation in The Northway Group (TNG), a student led advertising agency.
Each TNG project is an individualized student experience with a sponsoring business, organization, or professional and their instructor. Each student is assigned agency roles with various projects based upon their skill set and experience. Students will then apply their knowledge of marketing, writing, design, research, photography, computer software and production techniques to complete a series of projects that will realistically simulate agency work experience. As students¿ develop their individual skill sets and experience how TNG operates, they will expand leadership roles and responsibilities in subsequent semesters to hone their craft for their chosen career path.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Research current agency and skill sets required.
- Coordinate and implement primary agency functions.
- Develop potential clients for marketing related needs.
- Discuss legal and regulatory aspects of agency work.
- Identify current problems and opportunities within client work assignments.
- Write a creative brief on integrated marketing communications (IMC) plan.
- Develop skills associated with presentation of agency material to clients for approval.
- Effectively contribute in a team setting.
- Employ effective oral and written communication skills.
- Create a professional portfolio of client projects.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.