This course allows the practical nursing student to develop essential technical and communication skills that are necessary to provide safe, quality nursing care. While using a holistic approach, students will build the necessary skills that are based upon focused nursing assessment data and nursing judgment to provide care to patients with alterations in health. Students will build these skills through demonstration, implementation and evaluation in a simulated health care setting. Students will adhere to the personal and professional standards of nursing practice.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate basic concepts and principles of nursing practice.
- Modify nursing action based on judgment, knowledge, and science in nursing practice.
- Display personal and professional standards of nursing practice.
- Practice safe and quality patient care.
- Demonstrate therapeutic interactions in nursing practice.
- Employ effective teamwork by respecting others contributions when providing safe and quality care.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.