Meets Mn Transfer Curriculum Goal Area 6 Humanities - This course introduces the technical, conceptual, and aesthetic aspects of painting using acrylic paints. Students will explore basic problems of color, form, and composition using traditional and contemporary methods. Students will engage in the creative process and informed personal reaction and critical response to both historical and class works will be fostered.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to render forms and space from observation onto the two-dimensional surface.
- Show basic technical proficiency in the use of acrylic painting media.
- Solve visual problems creatively while demonstrating an awareness of cultural and/or historical precedent.
- Show proficiency with diverse painting styles.
- Demonstrate an awareness of composition, value, color, mark-making, and texture.
- Employ painting as a means of personal expression while developing ability with the media.
- Critically respond verbally and in writing to both the paintings of their peers and to works drawn from the history of art.
- Evaluate their own artworks, both formally and conceptually.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.