Meets MN Transfer Goal 9 - Ethical & Civic Responsibility. The students will learn what it means to make responsible economic decisions and analyze the social and personal impact on these choices. Techniques for dealing with ethical questions and solutions based on economic consumption in a technology driven society will be identified.
Student Learning Outcomes
- understand how to improve one's standard of living based on income, career choice, and time constraints
- examine issues of personal and civic responsibility
- apply ethical standards to economic decision-making
- examine the impacts of short-term and long-term economic decision-making
- collaborate successfully with other students in economic problem solving activities
- examine the concepts of freedom and responsibility as they relate to economic decisions
- examine the connection between personal economic choices and social issues
- demonstrate an understanding of consumer credit and alternatives to accumulating debt
- use economic skills to build a budget and statement of net worth
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.