In this course students will study plastic piping, which involves the joining of drainage, waste & vent, and water supply distribution lines. Students will become familiar with the different types of copper pipe, fittings and tubing. PEX water and heating distribution piping will be discussed and utilized. Students will also utilize and study water pumps. Safe methods of handling and installing piping in accordance with Minnesota State Plumbing Code and general industry accepted standards will be emphasized.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify different types and sizes of copper pipe and fittings.
- Operate hand & power copper cutting and cleaning tools
- Join copper pipe and fittings using appropriate methods and tools of assembly
- Identify different types and sizes of plastic drainage, waste and vent, water supply pipe and fittings
- Join plastic pipe and fittings using appropriate methods and tools of assembly
- Operate plastic cutting hand and power tools
- Identify and utilize materials and methods of piping support installation
- Install DWV piping in project house.
- Install water piping in project house.
- Demonstrate water pump procedures.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.