Students will learn about commercial plumbing systems which will include working with cast iron and, steel pipe. The student will also learn about flushometer water closets and urinals and how to install them in public bathrooms meeting ADA requirements. Students will get to use a scissor lift work platform to install pipe on high ceiling areas. Students will learn the standard installation procedures of common plumbing fixtures and appliances, which comply with the Minnesota Plumbing Code requirements. Students will also learn troubleshooting procedures for plumbing service and repair.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify different kinds of steel and cast iron pipe and fittings.
- Operate hand powered steel and cast iron pipe cutting tools.
- Operate steel and cast iron assembly tools.
- Utilize various types of hangers.
- Fabricate and assemble steel and cast iron projects using technical prints.
- Rough in water supply and drainage waste and vents.
- Install water closets, kitchen sinks, lavatories, showers, and bathtubs in school labs and in current house projects.
- Analyze technical data to repair faucets, water closets and water heaters.
- Design a hydronic heating system with proper components.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.