This course will apply mathematics to plumbing calculations in developed lengths of pipe, fitting allowances, offsets, areas, volumes, and diameters. Students will also use formulas common to the plumbing industry.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply mathematical concepts to solve formulas, decimals, fractions, square roots, angle measurement and conversion of length measurements.
- Identify standard weight pipe and calculate allowances for pipe fittings.
- Calculate equal spacing and angles.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve 45-degree diagonals and pipe lengths.
- Utilize mathematic formulas to solve center to center and end to end pipe calculations.
- Calculate for slope and drop.
- Analyze formulas to solve elevations and grade.
- Calculate rolling offsets.
- Demonstrate the ability to use constants to solve parallel offsets.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.