This course will build on the knowledge of plumbing calculations one and move into more advanced plumbing math that is used in the plumbing trade. The course uses formulas to solve for many complex problems that arise in plumbing systems. The math is then applied to lab projects in practical situations.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply mathematic conversions to solve for elevation and grade.
- Utilize formulas to calculate rolling offsets.
- Utilize graphing to solve pipe length by layout.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve for water measure including volumes pressure and capacity.
- Analyze formulas for water pressure head and force.
- Evaluate properties of gases and how that relates to safer use of gases.
- Evaluate building conditions that effect heat loss calculations.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.