Project based course investigating data analytics tools such as Power BI, R, Tableau, and SAS with an emphasis on predictive and prescriptive analytics. Students will also be introduced to Big Data as well as future trends, privacy, and managerial considerations in analytics.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of industry standard data analytical toolsets such as R and Tableau.
- Solve data analysis cases using industry standard data analysis tools.
- Interpret trend and statistical concepts of data analysis for use in real world settings.
- Discuss the role, methods, and processes for extracting data from complex sources.
- Present data sets
- Create simulations to aid in accurate, fact-based decision making.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.