This course focuses on the professional nursing standards of practice in preparation for the student to assume the role of the graduate nurse. Nursing theory includes managing care, advocacy, accountability, health care delivery systems, health policy and quality improvement concepts when partnering with clients, families and diverse populations.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Examine advocacy, accountability and therapeutic communication when partnering with clients, families, and diverse populations making health care decisions.
- Analyze evidence based practice components that promote safe, quality care for clients, families and communities.
- Contrast benefits and limitations of different communication technologies and their impact on safety and quality.
- Correlate methods of conflict resolution when working with inter-professional teams.
- Compare leadership skills, delegation and supervision in the healthcare setting.
- Identify the role of nursing and the inter-professional team in providing quality patient care.
- Differentiate quality improvement methods to improve patient satisfaction, customer service and enhance cost efficient health care services.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.