This course covers the knowledge and skills required to install and maintain programmable logic controllers (PLC) in automated control systems. Students will learn to write programs to solve basic control problems, connect sensors and actuators, and configure PLCs.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Maintain industry-wiring standards.
- Interpret and draw basic ladder logic diagrams and programs.
- Draw electrical input output wiring diagrams.
- Connect discrete input/output devices to the PLC.
- Connect analog input/output devices to the PLC.
- Monitor and modify PLC hardware configurations and programs.
- Interpret PLC module specifications.
- Troubleshoot and repair PLC control systems.
- Demonstrate how to perform disaster recovery.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.