This course is designed to align with the National Skills Standard assessment and certification system for Quality Practices. The course curriculum is based upon federally-endorsed national standards for production workers. Emphasis is placed on Continuous Improvement concepts and how they relate to a quality management system. Students will be introduced to a quality management system and its components. These include corrective actions, preventative actions, control of documents, control of quality records, internal auditing of processes, and control of non-conforming product.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Participate in periodic internal quality audit activities.
- Check calibration of gages and other data collection equipment.
- Suggest continuous improvements.
- Inspect materials and product/process at all stages to ensure they meet specifications.
- Document the results of quality tests.
- Communicate quality problems.
- Take corrective actions to restore or maintain quality.
- Record process outcomes and trends.
- Identify fundamentals of blueprint reading.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.