This course is an introduction to computerized accounting software (QuickBooks) applications used in maintaining accounting records, generating management reports, and processing common business transactions with primary emphasis on the general ledger package. Students will further develop skills in maintaining accounting records and have exposure to the accounts receivable, accounts payable, banking, payroll and inventory modules. In the end, a student will be able to maintain an organizations complete accounting system in QuickBooks.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to business transactions
to create and edit purchases, sales, cash disbursements, cash receipts and general journal transactions in a computerized environment.
- Create, edit, subsidiary and general ledgers accounts, chart of
accounts and Inventory items.
- Record and edit payroll related transactions.
- Create accurate paychecks for hourly and salaried employees.
- Create and edit the Record inventory receipts and adjustment.
- Produce financial statements and business reports for management use.
- Utilize QuickBooks software to record business related banking
situations, create checks, deposit slips and reconcile all banking transactions.
- Analyze computerized accounting records for errors.
- Setup a new company for a service or merchandising business in a
computerized environment and complete its accounting cycle.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.