Meets MN Transfer Goal 7 - Human Diversity. This course provides students a framework for exploring and understanding race and ethnicity in our world today. Students will examine their own ethnic heritage and compare and contrast the history of their ethnic group with the experiences of other groups in the U.S.
Student Learning Outcomes
- explain the meanings, origins and uses of race and ethnicity and related concepts
- use historical data and the concepts of race and ethnicity to analyze and describe their own heritage
- describe the experiences and contributions of race and ethnic groups that are part of U.S. society
- explain individual, institutional and systemic factors involved in inequality related to race and ethnicity
- understand their own attitudes and behaviors regarding race and ethnic differences
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.