This course will introduce students to the repair plan process in the auto body industry. This course covers the repair process from beginning to end. Students will learn the basics of the insurance industry, estimating, blue-printing, repair orders and the importance of a repair plan. Becoming familiar with manuals, forms, computer programs and common industry approaches is an integral part of this course.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Interpret parts diagrams and vehicle identification codes.
- Describe repair orders, estimates, and the blue-printing process.
- Complete blue printing process to reveal hidden collision damage.
- Explain how repair time is calculated and related to technician¿s efficiency.
- Prepare repair orders and estimates.
- Explain the insurance industry¿s impact on the repair plan.
- Demonstrate the use of various industry specific computer programs.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.