Course covers operations of a robot with automated cells. Students will learn correct power up procedures, e-stops, tooling control, I/O types, conditional programming and motion types. Students will also transducers that are photo, inductive, capacitive, analog, and machine vision. Integration of PLC I/O, programing, and sensors.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate correct power up procedure for a robotic system
- Define operation standards and procedures
- Identify correctly what I/O is being used and its functions
- Troubleshoot and diagnose photo, inductive, capacitive, and analog sensors.
- Correctly show how to set up vision system on a robot.
- Identify and apply appropriate safety procedures.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.