This course design aligns with the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council's (MSSC) assessment and certification system for Safety. The course curriculum follows federally endorsed national standards for production workers. This course will introduce OSHA standards relating to personal protective equipment, HAZMAT, tool safety, confined spaces, and others.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify appropriate safety procedures in given situations.
- Interpret Safety Data Sheet (SDS) sheets that are compliant with the Globally Harmonized System.
- Apply OSHA standards to given situations.
- List and demonstrate the steps for lockout and tag out procedures.
- Acquire awareness to the Minnesota Employee Right to Know Act.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.