Students will study how to acquire and store data from various automotive computer systems using factory and aftermarket scan tools. Students should be able to describe automotive computer operation and perform service in accordance with manufacturer's procedures.
Student Learning Outcomes
- identify typical automotive computer operation on late model vehicles
- demonstrate job entry skill development when performing basic engine monitoring with scan tools
- perform a computerized scan analysis
- be aware of ethical practices as it relates to engine computer service procedures
- exhibit technician/mechanic professionalism
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.