In this course students will study, draw and read wiring schematics so they can properly analyze electrical problems in furnaces and air conditioners. Students will also learn to read blueprints to properly size furnace and air conditioners for residential homes.
Student Learning Outcomes
- read wiring schematics for residential furnaces and a/c
- draw wiring schematics for residential furnaces and a/c
- read and understand blueprints for heating and a/c
- properly size furnaces for residential homes
- properly size a/c for residential homes
- estimate the air flow room-by-room in residential homes
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.