Social etiquette behaviors within a society or group vary greatly across cultures. This course is an overview of current etiquette standards in today's work environment with special attention given to the Food Service industry. Key components of this course include social/dining etiquette, professional behaviors and standards, and an exploration of different cultural norms and expectations for social etiquette.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Learn the key elements of professional and social etiquette for formal dining.
- Learn specific professional behaviors for use in a variety of global industry settings.
- Describe, practice, and demonstrate social dining etiquette for a formal 8-course gourmet dinner.
- Research and present on social etiquette from different countries throughout the world.
- Demonstrate proper place settings for a multiple-course gourmet dinner and describe proper use of various utensils and dishware.
- Develop communication strategies and techniques that demonstrate professional behaviors and standards.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.