This course delivers an introduction to Solidworks parametric modeling software. Students construct basic models, basic mechanical designs, multi-view drawings and assembly models. A solid model is more than simply a drawing of an engineered component, it is a true virtual representation of the component, which can be manipulated, combined with other components into assemblies and used to drive the production of the components and the final assembly. A hands-on, exercise intense approach to the parametric modeling techniques and concepts will be taken. The course will establish a basis for exploring the parametric modeling process and growing in the field of Mechanical Design.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the startup of the software and the setup for a new model/drawing to be created.
- Utilize the 2D sketching functions of the software.
- Construct solid model geometry/features from 2D sketches.
- Create placed features on a model.
- Demonstrate the ability to modify features and 2D sketches.
- Produce 2D multi-view drawings from models.
- Create an assembly and establish the assembly relationships between the parts.
- Apply dimensions notes and text on drawings.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.