Students will study the treatment and development of both ground and surface water sources. Areas studied will include: well construction and development, pump types and applications, ground and surface water protection, pretreatment of surface water, and water filtration.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify the three basic types of centrifugal pumps, their applications, and methods of selection.
- Identify the three categories of positive displacement pumps, their applications, and methods of selection.
- Determine, by calculation, pumps sizing and pump selections.
- Understand the importance of meeting well construction codes and preventive maintenance procedures for a public water supply.
- Explain the process of designing a wellhead protection program.
- Describe the steps to be followed in conducting a sanitary survey of a water supply.
- Explain the importance of reservoir and watershed management.
- Understand the operation and maintenance processes related to gravity and pressure filtration systems.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.